Adaptive Server Anywhere (ASA) repository
This feature is available in the Corporate, Business and Software Engineering, System Engineering and Ultimate editions.
In order to use an ASA repository, you must connect to it in Enterprise Architect first. Before connecting to the repository, you must have set up an ASA ODBC driver.
To connect to an ASA repository in Enterprise Architect, follow the steps below:
- In the Open Project dialog, select the Connect to Server checkbox or, on the Start Page, click on the Connect to Server link.
- Click on the [ ... ] (Browse) button; the Data Link Properties dialog displays.
- Select Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers from the list.
- Click on the Next button. The Connection tab displays.
- In the Use data source name field, click on the drop-down arrow and select the ODBC driver you set up to connect to your ASA repository.
- Click on the Test Connection button to confirm that the details are correct.
- If your test did not succeed, revise your settings. If your test succeeded, click on the OK button; the Connection Name & Type dialog displays. Complete the connection process as described in the Define Connection Name and Type procedure.