This feature is available in the Corporate, Business and Software Engineering, System Engineering and Ultimate editions.
In order to use an Oracle 9i, 10g or 11g repository, you must connect to it in Enterprise Architect first. You can connect using either OLE DB (below) or ODBC.
Using Oracle OLE DB Provider
To connect to your Oracle repository using the Oracle OLE DB Provider, follow the steps below:
- In the Open Project dialog, select the Connect to Server checkbox or, on the Start Page, click on the Connect to Server link.
- Click on the [ ... ] (Browse) button; the Data Link Properties dialog displays.
- Select Oracle Provider for OLE DB from the list.
Do not select Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle; Enterprise Architect might not work as expected.
- Click on the Next button. The Connection tab displays.
- Enter the Data Source name (the service name of the Oracle database), the database User Name and the Password. The Location field is not required.
- Click on the Test Connection button to confirm that the details are correct.
- If your test did not succeed, revise your settings. If your test succeeded, click on the OK button; the Connection Name & Type dialog displays. Complete the connection process as described in the Define Connection Name and Type procedure.