This feature is available in the Corporate, Business and Software Engineering, System Engineering and Ultimate editions.
In order to use a PostgreSQL repository, you must connect to it in Enterprise Architect first. Before connecting to the repository, you must have set up a PostgreSQL ODBC driver.
To connect to a PostgreSQL repository in Enterprise Architect, follow the steps below:
- In the Open Project dialog, select the Connect to Server checkbox or, on the Start Page, click on the Connect to Server link.
- Click on the [ ... ] (Browse) button; the Data Link Properties dialog displays.
- Select Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers from the list.
- Click on the Next button. The Connection tab displays.
- Click on the Use data source name drop-down arrow and, from the list, select the ODBC driver you have set up to connect to your PostgreSQL repository.
- Click on the Test Connection button to confirm that the details are correct.
- If the test does not succeed, revise your settings. If the test succeeds, click on the OK button; the Connection Name & Type dialog displays. Complete the connection process as described in the Define Connection Name and Type procedure.