This feature is available in the Corporate, Business and Software Engineering, System Engineering and Ultimate editions.
In order to use a MySQL repository, you must connect to it in Enterprise Architect first. Before connecting to the repository, you must set up a MySQL ODBC driver.
To connect to a MySQL repository in Enterprise Architect, follow the steps below:
- In the Open Project dialog, select the Connect to Server checkbox or, on the Start Page, click on the Connect to Server link.
- Click on the [ ... ] (Browse) button; the Data Link Properties dialog displays.
- Select Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers from the list.
- Click on the Next button. The Connection tab displays.
- Click on the Use data source name radio button and on the drop-down arrow in its field. Select the ODBC driver you have set up to connect to your MySQL repository from the list. In the setup example the driver title is Changes.
- If required, type in a User name and Password.
- If required, type in an initial catalog.
- Click on the Test Connection button to confirm that the details are correct.
- If the test does not succeed, revise your settings. If the test succeeds, click on the OK button; the Connection Name & Type dialog displays. Complete the connection process as described in the Define Connection Name and Type procedure.