SQL Server Repository
This feature is available in the Corporate, Business and Software Engineering, System Engineering and Ultimate editions.
Before you can use a project on a SQL Server repository, you must connect to it in Enterprise Architect. To do this, follow the steps below:
- In the Open Project dialog, select the Connect to Server checkbox or, on the Start Page, click on the Connect to Server link.
- Click on the [ ... ] (Browse) button. The Data Link Properties dialog displays.
- Select Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server from the list.
- Click on the Next>> button. The Connection tab displays.
- Enter the Server name.
- Select the Use a specific user name and password radio button, and type the User name and Password.
- Click on the Select the database on the server radio button and on the drop-down arrow, and select the model to connect to.
- Click on the Test Connection button to confirm that the details are correct.
- If the test does not succeed, revise your settings. If the test succeeds, click on the OK button; the Connection Name & Type dialog displays. Complete the connection process as described in the Define Connection Name and Type procedure.