To specify the effort types used when assigning effort to an element, use the Effort tab of the Project Indicators dialog.
Creating an effort type using this dialog adds to a global list of effort types that can be added to any element in the model. This list of types displays in the Type field drop-down list on the Effort tab of the Project Management window.
To open the Project Indicators dialog, select the Settings | Project Indicators menu option. Click on the Effort tab.
To create a new effort type, click on the New button, or to edit an existing effort type, click on the effort type name in the Defined Effort Types list. Complete the fields as follows:
- In the Effort field type the name of the effort type
- In the Description field type a short description of the effort type
- In the Weight field type the weighting to apply to the effort type
- In the Note field, type any additional information on the effort type
- Click on the Save button.