Import User IDs From Active Directory
You can import your Enterprise Architect security user IDs from Windows Active Directory.
When you import the user IDs, you should create an appropriate user group and assign the user IDs to that group. You can then assign appropriate permissions to the group. When a user logs in to Enterprise Architect under their Windows login ID, they do not have to enter a password; Enterprise Architect automatically generates a random password. However, you can assign a new password to an imported user ID if required.
To import user IDs from a Windows Active Directory, follow the steps below:
- On the Security Users dialog select the Accept Windows Authentication checkbox and click on the Import button. The Import Users dialog displays.
- On the Import Users dialog, click on the down arrow in the Security Group field and select the appropriate security group for the imported user IDs.
- Click on the Add button. The Select Users screen displays.
- Click on the Object Types button, and on the Object Types dialog select the checkbox for the type of object to import from the Active Directory. Click on the OK button to return to the Select Users dialog.
- Click on the Locations button, and on the Locations dialog browse for and select the checkbox for the location to import from within the Active Directory. Click on the OK button to return to the Select Users dialog.
- In the Enter the object names to select field, either:
- type in the user IDs individually (click on the examples link to see examples of the correct formats) or
- click on the Advance button to search for IDs; the Select Users dialog redisplays with a Common Queries tab.
- In the Name and Description fields, type any characters or text that helps identify the IDs you are searching for. Click on the drop-down arrow of the Starts with field and select the appropriate qualifier.
- If required, select the Disabled accounts or Non-expiring password checkboxes, and/or select a value in the Days since last logon field, to further filter the IDs to search for.
- Click on the Find Now button to initiate the search, and to display a list of IDs in the bottom panel of the dialog. You can vary the types of information shown here by clicking on the Columns button and selecting the column headings to display.
- When you have identified the IDs to import, click on a required ID (or press [Ctrl] or [Shift] while you click to select several) and click on the OK button. The Select Users dialog redisplays, with the selected ID or IDs listed in the Enter the object names to select field.
- Click on the OK button to redisplay the Import Users dialog with the selected users' names listed in the Users panel.
- Click on the Import button to add the user IDs to the Security Users dialog. Click on a user ID to populate the dialog fields with the user ID details, and set group permissions as required.