To specify the metric types used when assigning metrics to an element, use the Metric tab of the Project Indicators dialog.
Creating a metric using this dialog creates a global list of metrics that can be added to any element in the model. You can define a metric on other screens, such as the Metrics tab of the Project Management window, but such metrics are not added to the global list.
Select the Settings | Project Indicators menu option. On the Project Indicators dialog, click on the Metric tab.
To create a new metric type, click on the New button, or to edit an existing metric type, click on the metric type name in the Defined Metrics list. Complete the fields as follows:
- In the Metric Type field type the name of the metric type
- In the Description field type a short description of the metric type
- In the Weight field type the weighting to apply to the metric type
- In the Note field, type any additional information on the metric type
- Click on the Save button.