In the Enterprise Architect Corporate, Business and Software Engineering, Systems Engineering and Ultimate editions, the Model Views facility enables you to:
- automatically refresh the search in a View at an interval that you define
- notify you if the results of the search change between two consecutive searches.
You can therefore use the Model Views facility to monitor various events in the development project, depending on how you set up the search in a View. You could, for example, set up a search to detect:
- Change items, or Issue items, so that Enterprise Architect would notify you as new items were created
- Element Status, Type, Phase, Version, Priority and/or date of last update, so that Enterprise Architect would notify you as items were progressed to fall in to the level of work represented by the search categories, and to move out of the categories into the next level of work.
- Tagged Values, so that - again - as items were changed to satisfy the criteria of a sequence of searches, the progression of items through a set of stages could be checked and managed.
People responsible for different stages in a process could have their own Model View searches so that as a development, validation or authorization task falls due the responsible person is automatically notified, and when the work is complete both the next person in line and the overseeing manager are notified.