To enter effort details for an element, follow the steps below:
- Select the element in the Project Browser.
- Select the View | Other Element Tools | Project Management menu option. The Project Management window displays, showing the Resource Allocation tab.
- Click on the Effort tab.
- Click on the New icon on the Project Management window toolbar.
The Effort tab enables you to enter the following data:
- A name for the effort (short description)
- The type of effort (click on the drop-down arrow and select, or type the name in; typed names are not added to the global effort type list)
- The time the effort will expend
- Some notes on the effort (this text is also displayed in the Notes window; it cannot be edited in that window).
To edit existing Effort items for this element, click on the required item in the:
- list panel to the left of the window, in Item mode
- list, in List mode, or
- Project Management folder in the Element Browser window; if this window is not displayed, click on the icon in the Project Management window toolbar. Effort item icons have an E in the bottom right corner.
To change the element to which to assign effort, select the required element in the Project Browser.