Enterprise Architect enables you to connect a named resource in a named role to a given model element. This enables the Project Manager to track how far development of required components and Classes has progressed (provided the team members keep their figures up to date).
To enter resource allocation details for an element, follow the steps below:
- Select the element in the Project Browser.
- Select the View | Other Element Tools | Project Management menu option. The Project Management window displays, showing the Resource Allocation tab.
- Click on the New icon on the Project Management window toolbar.
The Resource Allocation tab enables you to enter the following data:
- The name of the resource (click on the drop-down arrow and select, or type the name in)
- The role of the resource (click on the drop-down arrow and select, or type the name in)
- The start and end date for the availability of the resource
- The time allocated to the resource
- The percentage of the task the resource has completed
- The expected time allocated to the resource
- The actual time expended by the resource
- A description of the work being done by the resource (this text is also displayed in the Notes window; it cannot be edited in that window)
- Notes on the activity history of the resource (this text is also displayed in the Notes window; it cannot be edited in that window).
To edit existing Resource Allocation items for this element, click on the required item in the:
- list panel to the left of the window, in Item mode
- list, in List mode, or
- Project Management folder in the Element Browser window; if this window is not displayed, click on the icon in the Project Management window toolbar. Resource Allocation item icons have an R in the bottom right corner.
To change the element to which to allocate resources, select the required element in the Project Browser.