Replication makes many changes to the database structure of your model. As a consequence the model file becomes considerably larger with additional information.
If you no longer require a model to be replicable, you can remove all replication features.
You cannot remove replication from a model with Auditing enabled. If you need to remove replication, disable Auditing and - if prompted to do so - allow Enterprise Architect to roll back the database version. You can then remove replication.
To remove replication, follow the steps below:
- If a repository is not open, the menu option for removing replication is not enabled. A temporary repository (not the one having replication removed) must be open at the time. Ensure you have a repository open at the time of creation.
- Select the Tools | Manage .EAP File | Remove Replication menu option, to open the Remove Replication Wizard.
- Enter the full path and file name of the project to have replication removed. Click on the Next button.
- Enter the full path and file name of the base Enterprise Architect model (with no replication) to act as template. Click on the Next button.
- Enter the full path and required file name for the output file. Click on the Next button.
- Select whether to have a log file created, and enter a file name for the log file.
- Click on the Run button to begin removing replication. Enterprise Architect creates a new project containing all the model information.
Your model has now had replication removed, and should be considerably smaller.