What is a Resource?
Resources are the people who work on a project. They can be assigned roles and allocated tasks, which enables tracking of effort and estimation of time to complete.
In the Corporate, Business and Software Engineering, System Engineering and Ultimate editions of Enterprise Architect, if security is enabled you must have Manage Project Information permission to update and manage project resources, effort, metrics and risks.
Project Management Window
Resources are added, modified and deleted from the Project Management window. To access this window, select the View | Other Element Tools | Project Management menu option, or press [Ctrl]+[Shift]+.
The window has two formats, as illustrated below - Item mode and List mode respectively.
Toggle between these modes using the Show/Hide Properties button in the window toolbar. The tabs toggle between Item mode and List mode independently.
The asterisk on a tab indicates that the tab contains saved information. If there is no information for a category of item, or the information has not yet been saved, its tab has no asterisk.
What to Do?
To find out more information about Project Resource Management tasks, use the following guide:
- To allocate a resource to an element, see the Resource Allocation topic
- To record additional project management information for an element, see:
- the Effort Management topic (record effort expended on the element)
- the Risk Management topic (record risk associated with the element)
- the Metrics topic (record metrics measured for an element)
- To obtain a report of resource allocation details, see the Resource Report topic
- To configure Project Management data and populate the drop-down lists used on the Project Management dialog tabs, see the following topics:
- To find out about the functions of the Project Management toolbar, see the Project Management Window topic.