Review Package History
Reviewing package history enables you to view the history of checked in package revisions. It also enables you to import selected prior revisions of the package into your model.
The package revision is retrieved in read-only form, enabling you to view the package contents but not make any changes to the package.
To review package history follow the steps below:
- In the Project Browser, right-click on the package configured for version control. The context menu displays.
- Select the Package Control | File History menu option.
- If the package has been configured through SCC, you access the history through the mechanism offered by the third party SCC provider.
- If the package has been configured for CVS, Subversion or TFS, Enterprise Architect's File Version History dialog displays and the following steps apply.
- In the Revisions field, click on a revision number to view the log entries for that revision.
- To view the package history select a revision and then click on the Retrieve button. A warning dialog displays, indicating that the package is being opened in read-only mode.
- Click on the Yes button to continue or the No button to cancel the action. The package is retrieved in read only mode, enabling you to view the history of the package at the specified version.
- To go back to the latest version, in the Project Browser right-click on the package and select either the Package Control | Check Out.. context menu option or the Package Control | Get Latest context menu option.