Upgrade at Enterprise Architect 4.5
When a version-controlled project created under a release of Enterprise Architect earlier than 4.5 is opened in Enterprise Architect release 4.5 or later, you must identify the SCC connection with a new unique ID. You can assign a name to the existing SCC configuration or associate the project with a configuration that has previously been assigned a unique ID.
By having a unique ID for Version Control Configurations, you can assign a configuration quickly and efficiently using configurations that have been created previously for other version controlled repositories. This enables you to configure the many packages to use an existing version control repository; this can apply to packages created for more than just one model enabling a great deal of flexibility.
To upgrade an existing SCC version control project created before release 4.5, in Enterprise Architect release 4.5 or later, follow the steps below.
- Open the project that has an SCC Version Control Configuration created in Enterprise Architect earlier than version 4.5.
- The Select or Create Unique ID for Version Control dialog prompts you to create an ID for an existing configuration or to choose a previously created one from the Unique ID drop-down list.
- The existing SCC configuration is the initial value, represented by SCC-XXXXX; this number is not especially meaningful, therefore it is recommended that the configuration be given a meaningful name.
- You can associate the version controlled package with a previously-defined configuration by selecting an existing configuration from the Unique ID drop-down list (if one exists).
- After you have assigned the unique ID, click on the OK button to load the model.