MySQL ODBC Driver
Before you can connect to a MySQL repository, you must first set up a MySQL ODBC driver for which, in turn, you must first have installed Microsoft MDAC components, a MySQL DBMS system and the MySQL ODBC driver software.
The recommended MySQL ODBC driver version is 5.1.5. (Version 3.51.14 creates problems in incorporating tests in elements.)
To set up your MySQL ODBC Driver, follow the steps below:
- Select the WindowsTM Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Data Sources (ODBC) option. The ODBC Data Source Administrator window displays.
- Click on the Add button. The Create New Data Source dialog displays, enabling you to add a new DSN.
- Select MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver from the list.
- Click on the Finish button. The MySQL Connector/ODBC dialog displays.
- Enter the following configuration details:
- A data source name for the connection
- A description (optional)
- The host address of the DBMS server
- User name and password
- The database name on the selected server.
See the example below:
- Click on the Details>> button and Flags 1 tab to set the advanced options.
- Select the Return matched rows instead of affected rows and Allow big result sets checkboxes.
- Click on the Test button to confirm that the details are correct.
- If the test succeeds, click on the OK button to complete the configuration.
- If the test does not succeed, review your settings.