Progress OpenEdge ODBC Driver
Before you can connect to an OpenEdge repository, you must first set up an OpenEdge ODBC driver. To do this, you must have Microsoft MDAC components, OpenEdge DBMS system and DataDirect ODBC driver for OpenEdge (version 4.20 minimum) installed.
To set up the OpenEdge ODBC Driver, follow the steps below:
- Select the WindowsTM Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Data Sources (ODBC) option. The ODBC Data Sources Administrator window displays.
- Click on the Add button. The Create New Data Source dialog displays, enabling you to add a new DSN.
- Select the DataDirect/OpenEdge SQL driver from the list.
- Click on the Finish button. The DSN Configuration dialog displays.
- Enter the following configuration details:
- The Data Source Name
- The Description (optional)
- The Host Name and Port Number of the DBMS server
- The Database Name on the selected server
- The User ID.
See the example below:
- Click on the Test Connect button to confirm that the details are correct.
- If the test succeeds, click on the OK button to complete the configuration.
- If the test does not succeed, review your settings.