Upsize to Progress OpenEdge
You upsize your model repository to a Progress OpenEdge database in the following stages:
Stage One: Install OpenEdge Components
- Install OpenEdge, version 10.0B3 or higher.
- Install OpenEdge ODBC 10.0B or higher driver.
- Create a suitable ODBC Data Source to point to your new database.
Stage Two: Configure the Database
- Create an empty OpenEdge database.
- Make sure the new database is selected as the current database.
- Load the OpenEdge_EASchema.sql script file from the Sparx Systems website. Run the script to create all required data structures.
You now have an empty database repository, into which you can transfer an existing model.
Stage Three: Perform Integrity Check
Run the project integrity check tool (select the Tools | Data Management | Project Integrity Check menu option) on the base project that you intend to upsize to the Progress OpenEdge repository, to ensure the project data is 'clean' before uploading.
Stage Four: Transfer the Data
- Open Enterprise Architect and select the Tools | Data Management | Project Transfer menu option. The Project Transfer dialog displays.
- In the Transfer Type panel, select the .EAP to DBMS radio button.
- In the Source Project field, type the name of the .EAP file to upsize to Progress OpenEdge.
- At the right of the Target Project field, click on the [ ... ] (Browse) button. The Data Link Properties dialog displays, showing the Provider tab.
- Select Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers from the list, then click on the Next>> button. The Connection tab displays.
- In the Use Data source name field, click on the drop-down arrow and select the ODBC driver you have set up to connect to your OpenEdge repository. In the setup example the driver title is openedge_ea.
- Type the User name and Password.
- If required, in the Enter an initial catalog to use field type an initial catalog.
- Click on the All tab, and double-click on Extended Properties.
- In the Property Value field, edit the value to: DefaultSchema=PUB.
- Click on the Connection tab again, and click on the Test Connection button to confirm that the details are correct.
- If the test does not succeed, revise your settings. If the test succeeds, click on the OK button. The Project Transfer dialog redisplays.
- If required, select the Logfile checkbox and type a path and filename for the data transfer log file.
- Click on the Transfer button to begin the data transfer process.
Once this process is complete, the content of the .EAP model exists on the Progress OpenEdge repository and you can now open the repository from Enterprise Architect.
You cannot transfer a source .EAP file that was created using a version of Enterprise Architect earlier than 3.5.0.