Upsize to Oracle 9i, 10g or 11g
You upsize your model repository to an Oracle database in the following stages:
Stage One: Create an Empty Database and Repository
- Install Oracle.
- Create an empty database.
- Using a tool such as the Oracle SQL*Plus or SQL Plus Worksheet, load the Oracle_EASchema.sql file from the Sparx Systems website.
- Make sure the new database is selected as the current database.
- Run the script to create all required data structures.
See the Create an Oracle Repository topic.
You now have an empty database repository, into which you can transfer an existing model.
Stage Two: Perform Integrity Check
Run the project integrity check tool (select the Tools | Data Management | Project Integrity Check menu option) on the base project that you intend to upsize to the Oracle repository, to ensure the project data is 'clean' before uploading.
Stage Three: Transfer the Data
When transferring a project you must have permission to execute the CREATE SEQUENCE command.
- Open Enterprise Architect and select the Tools | Data Management | Project Transfer menu option. The Project Transfer dialog displays.
- In the Transfer Type panel, select the .EAP to DBMS radio button.
- In the Source Project field, type the name of the .EAP file to upsize to Oracle.
- At the right of the Target Project field, click on the [ ... ] (Browse) button. The Data Link Properties dialog displays, showing the Provider tab.
- Select Oracle Provider for OLE DB from the list, then click on the Next>> button. The Connection tab displays.
Do not select Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle; Enterprise Architect might not work as expected.
- In the Data Source field, type the Oracle service name.
- In the User name and Password fields, type the appropriate values.
- Click on the Test Connection button to confirm that the details are correct.
- If the test does not succeed, revise your settings. If the test succeeds, click on the OK button. The Project Transfer dialog redisplays.
- If required, select the Logfile checkbox and type a path and filename for the data transfer log file.
- Click on the Transfer button to begin the data transfer process.
Once this process is complete, the content of the .EAP model exists on the Oracle repository and you can now open the repository from Enterprise Architect.
You cannot transfer a source .EAP file that was created using a version of Enterprise Architect earlier than 3.5.0.