Upsize to Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere (ASA)
You upsize your model repository to a Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere (ASA) database in the following stages:
Stage One: Install ASA Components
- Install Adaptive Server Anywhere - SQL Anywhere Studio 8 or higher. This also installs the ASA ODBC driver.
- Create a new database for the Enterprise Architect repository using Sybase Central.
- Create a suitable ODBC Data Source to point to your new database.
Stage Two: Configure the Database
From Sybase Central:
- Right-click on the newly created database.
- Open Interactive SQL and load the ASA_EASchema.sql file. This is available from the Sparx Systems website.
- Run the script to create all required data structures. See the Create an Adaptive Server Anywhere Repository topic.
You now have an empty database repository, into which you can transfer an existing model.
Stage Three: Perform Integrity Check
Run the project integrity check tool (select the Tools | Data Management | Project Integrity Check menu option) on the base project that you intend to upsize to the ASA repository, to ensure the project data is 'clean' before uploading.
Stage Four: Transfer the Data
- Open Enterprise Architect and select the Tools | Data Management | Project Transfer menu option. The Project Transfer dialog displays.
- In the Transfer Type panel, select the .EAP to DBMS radio button.
- In the Source Project field, type the name of the .EAP file to upsize to ASA.
- At the right of the Target Project field, click on the [ ... ] (Browse) button. The Data Link Properties dialog displays, showing the Provider tab.
- Select Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers from the list, then click on the Next>> button. The Connection tab displays.
- In the Use Data source name field, click on the drop-down arrow and select the ODBC driver you set up to connect to your ASA repository.
- Click on the Test Connection button to confirm that the details are correct.
- If the test does not succeed, revise your settings. If the test succeeds, click on the OK button. The Project Transfer dialog redisplays.
- If required, select the Logfile checkbox and type a path and filename for the data transfer log file.
- Click on the Transfer button to begin the data transfer process.
Once this process is complete, the content of the .EAP model exists on the ASA repository and you can now open the repository from Enterprise Architect.
You cannot transfer a source .EAP file that was created using a version of Enterprise Architect earlier than 3.5.0.