Use Version Control
The following topics describe the most common activities using the version control features of Enterprise Architect, accessed through the Package Version Control Menu:
- Configure Controlled Package
- Use Existing Configuration
- Validate Package Configurations (Project | Version Control menu)
- Check In and Check out Packages
- Include Other Users' Packages
- The export/import facility is not fast and submitting packages containing many sub-nodes to version control should be avoided. It is recommended version control is applied to individual packages. See the Version Control Nested Packages topic for more information.
- Replication should not be combined with version controlled packages.
- Sparx Systems strongly urge you not to manipulate version controlled package files outside of Enterprise Architect. It is possible to leave the package files in a state that Enterprise Architect cannot recognize.
The material ("material" includes all pages, documents and on-line graphics) on this web site is protected by copyright law. (C) 1998-2010 Sparx Systems Pty Ltd.