Create Model Document
You can create as many Model Document elements as are necessary to provide the sections of your generated document (under a Master Document) or to provide the independent documents you require.
To create a Model Document element, follow the steps below:
- Open the Master Document child diagram or (if you are creating independent Model Documents) create a new diagram.
The new diagram can live anywhere outside the packages you are adding to the document; you could create a Class diagram called Documentation within a specific Documentation package, and use this to hold the independent Model Document elements for your virtual documents.
- From the Documentation page of the Toolbox (More Tools | Documentation) drag the Model Document icon onto the diagram to create a new Model Document element. Give the element an appropriate name: for example, if the documentation is relevant to the shopping cart requirements of a model, you could call it ShoppingCartReqDocumentation. Click on the OK button.
- Open the Tagged Values window (View | Tagged Values) and click on the Model Document element. The RTFTemplate, SearchName and SearchValueTagged Values display in the window.
- Click on the drop-down arrow to the right of the RTFTemplate field, and click on the template to use for this Model Document.
- If you are creating a list of packages for the Model Document, go now to Add Packages to Model Document. Otherwise, click on the drop-down arrow to the right of the SearchName field, and click on the model search type to populate this Model Document.
- If necessary, type a search term in the SearchValue field.
- Create further Model Document elements as required.
Your Model Document element appears in the Project Browser with a Class icon, as shown below:
When you have created all the required Model Document elements, see the Document Order topic.