Model documentation is essential to realizing the full benefit of Enterprise Architect. Enterprise Architect provides a powerful mechanism for generating high quality, customized documentation directly from your model, in either RTF or HTML format.
There are many ways to specify the Enterprise Architect content being documented. You can:
- Document a package and/or its child packages by manually highlighting the package and selecting a documentation control
- Specify embedded packages for exclusion if child packages are recursively documented
- Link a package to an RTF document template to simplify generating consistent types of documentation (eg Use Case Reports) using the Documents feature
- Select, group and order packages together in a different manner from the Project Browser by creating 'Virtual' Documents, either linked through a master document with headers, footers and contents list, or as separate individual documents.
Rich text reports are documents produced by Enterprise Architect in Rich Text Format (RTF). RTF formatting can be modified directly with RTF Style templates to alter the look and feel of generated output. Using MS Word you can further enhance the separate RTF documents output from the model by connecting and interweaving them into a linked master document with headers, footers and contents list.
Enterprise Architect has a fully-featured RTF Document Generator that features:
- Powerful WYSIWYG RTF style template editor support
- An easy-to-use document generator
- An embedded RTF viewer that enables you to view RTF documents generated by Enterprise Architect within Enterprise Architect.
For further information, see:
You can also generate a number of RTF reports on different aspects of your model. See the Other Documents topic.
Enterprise Architect provides automated web-based publishing of models, making it simple to explore large models efficiently on-line. Enterprise Architect enables the export of an entire model or a single branch of the model to HTML Web pages. You can also create web style templates to customize the HTML output.
For further information, see the HTML Reports topic.