The order in which information is compiled into an RTF document depends on:
- The sequence of Model Document elements in a Master Document element
- Whether you define a Model Search in a Model Document element
- Whether you define a package list in a Model Document element.
When you have considered and, if necessary, amended the order in which information is compiled, you can generate the document.
Model Document Sequence
When you generate a document from a Master Document element, the sequence in which the sections are generated is determined by the order in which the child Model Document elements are listed in the Project Browser. You can create elements anywhere in a diagram, therefore the generator refers to the Project Browser sequence.
If necessary, change the sequence using the green Up and Down arrows in the Project Browser toolbar to move an element up or down within the package.
A Model Search operates on the database, and accesses records in the order in which they are stored. This order depends on many factors, and can change with database maintenance. Therefore, the sequence of information provided by the search is unpredictable.
When you create a package list in a Model Document element, the sequence of information is determined by the order in which the package attributes are listed within the element. You can change the sequence using the Attributes dialog, and if you prefer a package to be in a different section of the document, you can move the attribute from one Model Document element to another. Both these procedures are described below.
Change Sequence of Packages In List
To rearrange the order of packages in a Model Document element, refer to the example element and follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the Model Document and select the Attributes option from the context menu. The Attributes dialog displays.
- On the Attributes list, click on a package to move and click on the Up or Down (hand) buttons to change the order in which the packages are included in the documentation.
In this case, Fact Model is being moved to follow Release Plan.
- When you are satisfied with the order of your packages, click on the Close button.
Move Package Between Elements
To move a package attribute from one Model Document to another, follow the steps below:
- Expand the Model Document elements in the Project Browser, so that both list their package attributes.
- Click-and-hold on the attribute to move, and drag it onto the name of the target Model Document element.
- Release the mouse button. The attribute is removed from the source element and added to the top of the list of attributes in the target element.
- If necessary, move the attribute down the attribute list, as described in Change Sequence of Packages in List, above.