RTF Diagram Format
You can output diagrams to Bitmap files, GIF files or Windows Metafiles.
Open the Rich Text Format Report dialog (see The Legacy RTF Report Generator for how to do this). In the Diagram format panel (bottom center of the dialog) select the required format for the report.
- Bitmap files are raster images with a high level of detail but large size; they do not scale up or down very well
- GIF files are raster images with reasonable detail and small size; they scale a little better than bitmaps
- Metafiles are vector images with high detail and small size (but can have compatibility problems with some printers or software); metafiles scale very well
- PNG files are raster images with reasonable level of detail and smaller file sizes than GIF
- JPEG are lossy raster images with average levels of detail, they do not work very well with line drawings and lose clarity when re sized; JPEG file sizes are typically very small.
Generally metafiles are the best option, although it sometimes pays to experiment.