Save as Document
The Document feature enables a particular documentation configuration to be 'remembered', linking the loaded template within the Rich Text Format Report dialog to the current highlighted package. If a particular template is always used with a specific package, and multiple cases of documentation exist to be propagated, saving these as Documents can ease document generation later.
To create and use Documents, follow the steps below:
- Open the Rich Text Format Report dialog (see The Legacy RTF Report Generator for instructions on how to do this).
- Click on the Save as Document button. The Save current as document definition dialog displays:
- In the Enter Value field, type a name for the document and click on the OK button. The document is added to the Resources window for easy future access (as for the usecasedoc entry in the illustration below).
- To generate documentation from the Resources window, right-click on the required document. The context menu displays.
- Select the required option.
The context menu options are:
- Open Document - Opens the corresponding .RTF file, as specified by the RTF template Filename property
- Generate Document - Opens the Rich Text Format Report dialog, loaded with the specified template
- Auto Generate Document - Generates documentation, with the document located at the path specified by the template's Filename property
- Delete Document - Removes the specified document.