Set the Main RTF Properties
The main section of the Rich Text Format Report dialog enables you to set the output location and appearance of the final RTF document.
Setting Options for the RTF Document
- Open the Rich Text Format Report dialog (see The Legacy RTF Report Generator topic for how to do this). The main section of this dialog is shown below.
- Supply an Output Filename to save the report into; always include the extension .RTF as part of the filename.
- Provide a Template Name to save this report set-up.
- Select a report Style: Formal or Basic.
- Type a Heading for your report; this appears as the first heading item in your output.
- Select your required Heading Style and Initial Heading Level Indent from the drop-down lists.
It is recommended that you enter a full path name for your report. The images in your report are saved externally in an images directory, and supplying the full directory path avoids confusion over the location of these images. Also, if you move your report you must also move the images directory.