Internet Browser Java Applets
This topic describes the configuration requirements and procedure for debugging Java Applets running in a browser from Enterprise Architect.
The procedure requires you to attach to the browser process hosting the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) from Enterprise Architect, as summarized below:
- Ensure binaries for the applet code to be debugged have been built with debug information.
- Configure the JVM using the Java Control Panel.
- In the Java Applet Runtime Settings panel, click on the View button. The Java Runtime Settings dialog displays.
- Click on the appropriate entry and click on the OK button to load the Sparx Systems Agent.
- Import source code into the Enterprise Architect model, or synchronize existing code.
- Create or modify the Package Build Script to specify the option for attaching to the process.
- Set breakpoints.
- Launch the browser.
- Attach to the browser process from Enterprise Architect.
Note that the class.path property specified for the JVM includes the root path to the applet source files. This is necessary for the Enterprise Architect debugger to match the execution to the imported source in the model.