Debug COM Interop
Enterprise Architect enables you to debug .NET managed code executed using COM in either a Local or an In-Process server.
This feature is useful for debugging Plugins and ActiveX components.
- Create a package in Enterprise Architect and import the code to debug. See Software Engineering.
- Ensure the COM component is built with debug information.
- Create a Script for the Package.
- In the Debug tab, you can elect to either attach to an unmanaged process or specify the path to an unmanaged application to call your managed code.
- Add breakpoints in the source code to debug.
Attach to an Unmanaged Process
- If an In-Process COM server, attach to the client process or
- If a Local COM Server, attach to the server process.
Click on the Debug window Run button (or press [F6]) to display a list of processes from which you can choose.
Detaching from a COM interop process you have been debugging terminates the process. This is a known issue for Microsoft .NET Framework, and information on it can be found on many of the MSDN .NET blogs.