The Generate WSDL feature forward engineers a UML model to a Web Service Definition Language (WSDL) file. The Generate WSDL feature acts on a package stereotyped with WSDLnamespace. It is used to generate any or all of the WSDL stereotyped components owned by the target WSDLnamespace structure. To generate one or more WSDL files from a WSDLnamespace, follow the steps below:
- In the Project Browser, right-click on the target WSDLnamespace package to display the context menu.
- Select the Code Engineering | Generate WSDL menu option. The Generate WSDL dialog displays.
- For each WSDL component, set the required output file using the Target File column.
- Using the Encoding field, set the required XML encoding.
- Click on the Generate button to generate the WSDL files.
- The progress of the WSDL generator is shown in the Progress edit box.
The Generate WSDL dialog can also be accessed from the active diagram by selecting the Project | Generate WSDL menu option.