Generate DDL For a Table
In the Corporate, Business and Software Engineering, System Engineering and Ultimate editions of Enterprise Architect, if security is enabled you must have Generate Source Code and DDL permission to generate DDL.
To generate simple DDL scripts to create the tables in your model, follow the steps below:
- In the diagram, right-click on the table for which to generate DDL. The context menu displays.
- Select the Generate DDL option. The Generate DDL dialog displays.
- In the Path field, use the [ ... ] (Browse) button to select the filename of the script to create.
- To include comments in the DDL, in the Comment Level field select the appropriate level. For example, Column for comments on columns, or All for comments on all structures.
- Select the checkboxes for the appropriate inclusions. For example, to include a 'drop table' command in the script, select the Create Drop SQL checkbox. Deselect the checkboxes for inclusions you do not require.
- To create the DDL, click on the Generate button.
- To view the output, click on the View button (you must configure a DDL viewer in the Local Settings dialog first).