The WSDL Import facility is used to reverse engineer WSDL files into UML Class models.
Enterprise Architect cannot import a WSDL file that references WSDL constructs existing outside the target file. For example, Enterprise Architect can import a WSDL as shown in http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl.html#_example1 but not a file as shown in http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl.html#_style. Attempting to import the second WSDL file would result in the following error message:
Cannot Import Split Files.
To avoid this limitation, combine the split WSDL files into a single file and then import it into Enterprise Architect.
To import a WSDL file, follow the steps below:
- In the Project Browser, right-click on the package to contain the imported WSDL package. The context menu displays.
- Select the Code Engineering | Import WSDL menu option. The Import WSDL dialog displays.
- In the Filename field, select the input file.
- The Target Package field is automatically set to the name of the selected input file. If required, change this name.
- Click on the Import button to import the schema.
- The progress of the WSDL import is shown in the Progress status bar.