Local Paths Dialog
The Local Paths dialog enables you to set up local paths for a single user on a particular machine. For a description of what Local Paths are used for, see the Local Paths topic. To open the Local Paths dialog, select the Settings | Local Paths option.
The Local Paths dialog enables you to define:
- Path - the local directory in the file system (for example, d:\java\source)
- ID - the shared ID that is substituted for the Local Path (for example, JAVA_SRC)
- Type - the language type (for example, Java).
And also to:
- Apply Path - Select a path and click on this button to update any existing paths in the model (with full path names) to the shared relative path name (so d:\java\source\main.java might become %JAVA_SRC%\main.java)
- Expand Path - The opposite of Apply Path. This enables you to remove a relative path and substitute the full path name.
Using the two options you can update and change existing paths.
You can also set up a hyperlink on a diagram to access the Local Paths dialog, to switch, update or expand your current Local Path.