Import Source Code
To import source code (reverse engineer) follow the steps below:
- In the Project Browser, select (or add) a diagram into which to import the Classes.
- Right-click on the diagram background to open the context menu and either:
- Select the language to import from the Import from source file(s) submenu, or
- Click on the Import Language drop-down arrow in the Code Generation toolbar and select the Import | Import xxx files menu option, where xxx represents the language to import.
- From the file browser that appears, select one or more source code files to import.
- Click on the Open button to start the import process.
As the import proceeds, Enterprise Architect provides progress information. When all files are imported, Enterprise Architect makes a second pass to resolve associations and inheritance relationships between the imported Classes.