Structure of the Visual Execution Analyzer
The Visual Execution Analyzer comprises a Model Driven Development Environment and an Execution Analyzer.
The Model Driven Development Environment (MDDE) provides tools to design, build and debug an application:
- UML technologies and tools to model software
- Code generation tools to generate/reverse engineer source code
- Tools to import source code and binaries
- Code editors that support different programming languages
- Intellisense to aid coding
- Package scripts that enable a user to describe how to build, debug, test and deploy the application.
The Execution Analyzer (EA) provides tools to visualize an existing application's behaviour:
- Record sequence diagrams of application activities
- Capture State Transitions for a particular State Machine
- Capture Stacktraces at points in execution
- Profiling tool to sample application activity