Import a Directory Structure
You can import from all source files in a complete directory structure. This process enables you to import or synchronize multiple files in a directory tree in one pass. Enterprise Architect creates the necessary packages and diagrams during the import process.
To import a directory structure, follow the steps below:
- In the Project Browser, right-click on the target package for the import.
- From the context menu, select the Code Engineering | Import Source Directory menu option. The Import Source Directory dialog displays.
- Select the options you require. You can configure:
- The source directory
- The source type
- The file extensions to look at
- Whether to recurse sub directories
- Whether to create a diagram for each package
- Whether to import additional files as described in the Import Component Types dialog
- Whether to exclude private members from libraries being imported from the model
- Whether to create a package for every directory, namespace or file; this might be restricted depending on the source type selected
- Whether to Synchronize or Overwrite existing Classes when found (if a model Class is found matching the one in code, Synchronize updates the model Class to include the details from the one in code, which preserves information not represented in code such as the location of Classes in diagrams; Overwrite deletes the model Class and generates a new one from code, which deletes and does not replace the additional information)
- How to handle Classes not found during the import (Prompt for action enables you to review Classes individually)
- What is shown on diagrams created by the import.
- Click on the OK button to start.