UAC-Enabled Operating Systems
The Microsoft operating systems Windows Vista and Windows 7 provide User Account Control (UAC) to manage security for applications.
The Enterprise Architect Visual Execution Analyser is UAC-compliant, and users of UAC-enabled systems can perform operations with the Visual Execution Analyser and related facilities under accounts that are members of only the Users group.
However, when attaching to processes running as services on a UAC-enabled operating system, it might be necessary to log in as an Administrator. To do this, follow the step below:
- Before you run Enterprise Architect, right-click on the Enterprise Architect icon on the desktop and select the Run as administrator option.
Alternatively, edit or create a link to Enterprise Architect and configure the link to run as an administrator; follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the Enterprise Architect icon and select the Properties menu option. The Enterprise Architect Properties dialog displays.
- Click on the Advanced button. The Advanced Properties dialog displays.
- Select the Run as administrator checkbox.
- Click on the OK button, and again on the Enterprise Architect Properties dialog.