Create Maintenance Item From Test
If an element fails a test, one likely consequence is that a Defect (Issue) item has to be raised in model maintenance to correct the problem. You can generate this Defect item directly from the test that failed.
To create a Maintenance item from a test, follow the steps below.
- In the Testing window, or the Testing folder of the Element Browser window, right-click on the test item from which to generate the Maintenance item.
- On the context menu, select the Create a Maintenance Defect from this test menu option. The following message box displays.
- Click on the OK button to clear the message.
- Open the Maintenance window and select the Defects tab. Notice that the window displays a defect item having the same name as the test, and the test Description, Input, Acceptance Criteria and Results texts are displayed in the defect Description tab.
- Update the defect item as required
You can create Maintenance Defect items from several Test items at once. Press and hold [Shift] as you select the Test items, and then right-click and proceed as above. Each selected Test item then generates a Defect item.