As the spell check progresses, Enterprise Architect highlights any errors or unknown words in the Check Spelling dialog. This enables you to correct the spelling of a word, ignore the error, add the word to the User Dictionary, suggest alternatives or otherwise assist in the spelling correction process.
The inbuilt spell check stores user-defined words in the User Dictionary (userdict.tlx) stored in the Enterprise Architect installation directory. During the spell check process, if you add a word, it is written into this file for later reference.
To correct the current word you can:
- Modify the spelling by hand and click on the Change or Change All button to change the word to that spelling
- Click on a suggested alternative and click on the Change or Change All button to change the word to that spelling
- Click on the Ignore or Ignore All button to exclude the word from the spell check
- Click on the Add button to add the word to the user dictionary
- Click on the Suggest button to list alternative spellings or words
- Click on the Cancel button to abort the spell check entirely.