The System Output Window
The System Output window is used to display information generated by internal Enterprise Architect processes, or by Add-Ins and other third-party tools. This window can provide useful information during long-running processes and batch operations. Many validation processes within Enterprise Architect write out their results to this window.
- View | System Output ( Ctrl+Shift+6 )
- Element Context Menu
- Notes Window Context Menu
- Validate information
- Progress information during launch of external processes
- Command line output from Build and Test
- Parse errors generated during import of various types of files
- Auditing Information *
- Re-docking the Model Search results into the Output window
Right-click on an item and select context menu options to:
- Copy the selected item to the clipboard
- Copy all items to the clipboard
- Save the output to an external file
- Clear the output from the window
- Rollback selected Get All Latest updates to a version controlled package
Drag selected items/text out of the System Output window and onto a diagram to quickly create a named element.
Double-click on model validation errors or parsing errors to display the source of the error.
Switch between tabs to view different categories of information from different tools.
- The System Output window can also used by Add-Ins, if they are configured to do so.
- * (Corporate, Business and Software Engineering, Systems Engineering and Ultimate editions of Enterprise Architect) The Audit History tab of the Output window shows a history of changes to any element or connector selected from the Audit View, the Package Browser, the Diagram List, the Project Browser or the current diagram (Auditing must be turned on)