Throughout much of your work in Enterprise Architect, any changes you make are automatically saved when you close the dialog (data entry window) on which you made the changes. In some cases the dialog contains a Save or Apply button, which enables you to save your changes and then keep working on the dialog.
If there is no specific dialog, such as when you create a diagram, you can save your work by:
- Clicking on the Save icon in the Diagram toolbar ()
- Pressing the ( Ctrl + S ) keyboard keys, or
- Selecting the Diagram | Save menu option
Often, Enterprise Architect does not let you close a screen without confirming that you want to save or discard your changes.
You can also save your diagram changes automatically, by selecting the Auto Save Changes checkbox on the Diagram Behavior page of the Options dialog.
- So far you have been using the Project Browser and Diagram View to develop your project; at this point you should find out a bit more about the other facilities of the Enterprise Architect User Interface or Application Workspace
- When you have finished exploring the User Interface topics, go to the Summary of Typical Tasks to identify areas of Enterprise Architect that provide particular support for your job role
- Explore other options for managing the way your diagrams display and function, on the Diagram Behavior page