In the Corporate, Business and Software Engineering, Systems Engineering and Ultimate editions of Enterprise Architect, you can link an RTF document to any UML element in the model.
All editions of Enterprise Architect provide an additional UML Artifact - Document Artifact - that can contain an RTF document internally.
You create linked documents from Linked Document Templates, which you define with the Document Template Editor.
Documents created via the Document Artifact element are rendered into RTF Documentation by selecting the Linked Document checkbox in the RTF Style Template Editor.
The Linked Document checkbox is within the Element hierarchy, towards the end. Remember that checkboxes can be moved up and down the hierarchy to position information in the generated document as you require. In some templates, the Linked Document checkbox is only available as a child of the External Requirements checkbox.
The linked document is rendered into the RTF documentation at:
linked document >
- When you have saved the document, an A symbol displays in the bottom right corner of the element
- Document Artifact
- Create Linked Document Templates
- Edit Linked Document Templates
- Select Components For Documentation
- Create Document Artifact
- Link Document to UML Element
- Edit Linked Documents
- Hyperlink From Linked Document
- Create Element From Document
- Replace or Delete Documents