Creating a MySQL database is beyond the scope of this User Guide - refer to your MySQL documentation for assistance.
Having created your MySQL database, use the SQL script provided by Sparx Systems to create the required table definitions for Enterprise Architect.
You can obtain the scripts from the Sparx Systems website, on the:
- Registered Corporate edition Resources page (Registered users)
- Corporate edition Resources page (Trial users)
Third Party Tools:
If you are unfamiliar with MySQL and DBMS systems in general, you might want to consider a suitable front end tool. MySQL Administrator is one such tool, providing a convenient graphical user interface to enable the creation of databases, execution of scripts, backups and restores.
You might, therefore:
- Run MySQL Administrator and create a new database
- Run MySQL Query Browser, and open and execute the MySQL repository script
After creating a MySQL data repository in Enterprise Architect, you must set up the MySQL ODBC drivers.
- This feature is available in the Corporate, Business and Software Engineering, System Engineering and Ultimate editions
- Ensure that the collation is set to the alphabet you use, such as Latin or Cyrillic
- Registered User's Scripts page
- Trial User's Scripts Page
- MySQL Workbench (including MySQL Administrator) download site
- MySQL ODBC Driver