Creating a PostgreSQL database is beyond the scope of this User Guide - refer to your PostgreSQL documentation for assistance.
Having created your PostgreSQL database, use the SQL script provided by Sparx Systems to create the required table definitions for Enterprise Architect. You can obtain the scripts from the Sparx Systems website, on the:
- Registered Corporate edition Resources page (Registered users)
- Corporate edition Resources page (Trial users)
Third Party Tools:
If you are unfamiliar with PostgreSQL and DBMS systems in general, you might want to consider a suitable front end tool. One such tool is pgAdminIII, It provides a convenient graphical user interface to enable creation of databases, execution of scripts and restores.
After creating a PostgreSQL data repository in Enterprise Architect, you must set up the PostgreSQL and PostgreSQL ODBC drivers.
- This feature is available in the Corporate, Business and Software Engineering, System Engineering and Ultimate editions
- Ensure that the collation is set to the alphabet you use, such as Latin or Cyrillic
- Registered User's Scripts page
- Trial User's Scripts Page
- pgAdminIII Download Site
- Set up a PostgreSQL ODBC Driver