Define Learning Center Toolboxes
A Learning Center toolbox is defined by a «stereotype» Class that extends a «metaclass»ToolboxPage element. These elements must be owned by a «profile» package. Each «stereotype» Class represents the contents of a Learning Center topic and each attribute of the «stereotype» Class defines a command button in the Learning Center. The following diagram shows an example of a Learning Center toolbox.
The title bar of the Learning Center toolbox is defined by the Alias of the «stereotype» Class; in the above diagram, Debugging Profile.
The content of the Learning Center page is defined by the following standard attribute types:
- EASystem::ShowDoc(folder\filename.rtf) - these entries provide access to RTF documents (or any other text/document files), where folder is relative to the install folder and filename is the name of the (RTF) text file; this is a very significant attribute in creating Learning Center topics
- EASystem::MenuCmd. - these entries name an Enterprise Architect main menu command inside round brackets - see the complete list of built-in Learning Center commands; type the text to appear in the Learning Center into the Initial Value field
- EASystem::ShowHelp - these entries name a page from the Enterprise Architect User Guide inside round brackets - to find out the names of pages in the Enterprise Architect User Guide, right-click on the page and select the Properties context menu option; type the text to appear in the Learning Center into the Initial Value field
- EASystem::ShowMovie - these entries give the URL of a movie inside round brackets - type the text to appear in the Learning Center into the Initial Value field
- EASystem::ShowView(command) - these entries open an Enterprise Architect window, where command is one of the View commands from the second list of built-in Learning Center commands
- EASystem::ShowURL - this entry gives the URL of a web page inside round brackets; type the text to appear in the Learning Center into the Initial Value field
- isCommon: - a boolean attribute with Initial Value set to True, defines a Learning Center toolbox as common
- SEPARATOR - this entry indicates that a separator should be placed in the Learning Center toolbox; if it is necessary to place multiple separators in a single toolbox, note that Enterprise Architect does not allow identically named attributes for a Class: simply change the case of one or more letters to get around the problem
You can also run Add-In functions from the Learning Center
The next step is to save the Learning Center Profile.
- Define Links To Documents
- Built-In Learning Center Commands
- Run Add-In Functions
- Save a Learning Center Profile