Author Topic: Installing EA on Wine with Oracle ODBC support  (Read 467 times)

Fw190D9

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Installing EA on Wine with Oracle ODBC support
« on: May 31, 2012, 05:59:20 am »
Greetings,

I've installed EA on wine and it's working. Now I'm trying to make it work with Oracle ODBC support.

I've carefully followed the guide from FAQ (enterprise-architect-WINE.htm). Even though I installed Oracle Client 11g, created TNS_ADMIN and ORACLE_HOME on registry, ajusted tnsnames.ora, it's not working.

When I open the ODBC Data Source Administrator and try to create a new User DSN, it gives me the following error:
"The setup routines for the Oracle OraClient11g_home1 ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 126."
After I press the ok, a new message appears: "Could not load setup or translator library".

The steps I followed work perfectly in a Windows machine, but not on wine.

Does anyone else got the same error?

Regards

MattAdamson

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Installing EA on Wine with Oracle ODBC support
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 10:06:55 pm »
Has anyone found a solution to this at all? Also which specific package did you install for Oracle JDBC drivers? Sparxsystems won't provide any support on this driver as they indicate it's a third party which we need to follow up with Oracle. I can't see any documentation which covers Oracle ODBC and Wine in more detail.

Many thanks

Simon M

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Installing EA on Wine with Oracle ODBC support
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 09:15:17 am »
I'd recommend installing a cloud server and connecting all clients through that. Then you don't need to set-up the Oracle driver on client machines at all.
Simon

support@sparxsystems.com