Author Topic: Relationship Matrix: Can't add inverse relationship  (Read 347 times)

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
Relationship Matrix: Can't add inverse relationship
« on: September 05, 2017, 05:26:05 pm »
I mentioned elsewhere that I get why the Relationship Matrix uses directionality rather than navigability.  When you have an empty cell, you can add either the Source->Target Relationship or the Target->Source relationship.  However, once a relationship is entered, you can't add the other (via the matrix) - in order to get it in, you have to go to a diagram and create it there.  The Relationship Matrix then shows the symbol for the inverse relationships.

Reported,
Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

Helmut Ortmann

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Relationship Matrix: Can't add inverse relationship
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 03:49:04 pm »
Hi Paola,

I agree, there is a lot to improve about Relationship Matrix. It's a powerful and useful tool. Sadly, the implementation is somehow limited.

Kind regards,

Helmut
Coaching, Training, Workshop (Addins: hoTools, Search&Replace, LineStyle)

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
Re: Relationship Matrix: Can't add inverse relationship
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 05:09:41 pm »
Sparx has accepted the feature request, and have provided a roundabout way to do it with matrix only.  Basically, reverse the direction of the selection and that will enable the missing relationship to be created (because the cell is now blank).

EAUI!  ;D

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!