Author Topic: Code Engineering - Import DDL Schema from ODBC  (Read 1351 times)

sbd_ea

• EA Novice
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
    • View Profile
Code Engineering - Import DDL Schema from ODBC
« on: November 29, 2001, 09:54:31 pm »
Hi,

Downloaded an eval copy of EA.. looks great so far.  In trying to reverse engineer a datasource, I find that nothing happens when I choose 'Code Engineering - Import DDL'.

There's no error, and the ODBC connection is valid, so I assume I'm missing some setup steps.

Any idea of what I'm missing?
Thanks,
Gary Wong

sparks

• EA Administrator
  • EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Code Engineering - Import DDL Schema from ODBC
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2001, 02:33:58 am »
Hello,

You are not missing anything, this problem has been reported by two other users, and it seems to only affect a small number of machines.  Unfortunately all machines that we have tried it, work.  The next version includes a change that may fix this problem, it will be release (hopefully) next week.  Would you be able to download this new version when it is available and try this again?

Paul Mathers

Gary Wong

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2001, 11:04:36 am »
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply... I will definitely download the next release of EA.  In the interim, can you tell me which machines (OS) you tested it on?

We have a variety of machines (Win95, Win98, ME, NT SP6, Windows 2000) upon which I can test out EA.

Of course, once I've decided to incorporate EA into my projects, I'll probably be running it on NT only.

Thanks
Gary Wong

sparks

• EA Administrator
  • EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2001, 01:56:50 am »
Hello,

Our main development machines are Windows 2000 SP2, however we have tested EA on all of the operating systems you have mentioned.  The only one we are yet to test on is Windows XP.  However we haven't had too many problems that are operating specific problems, usually it is related to other software or associated drivers.

Paul Mathers

sbd_ea

• EA Novice
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2001, 12:54:56 pm »
Hi,

Just a follow-up to confirm that the 'Import DDL Schema' now works, using v.3.0.0.

Thanks,

P.S.  The other UI and functionality improvements (i.e. Relationship Matrix) look great!

Cheers,
Gary Wong