Author Topic: Evaluation  (Read 2215 times)

zlotin

• EA Novice
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
    • View Profile
Evaluation
« on: January 07, 2002, 06:41:19 am »
I'm making the evaluation for our department in order to purcase CASE editor. I found some problems in the EA( I'm using evaluation version 3.0, build 423.
Problems:
1.The new generalization link by default has the "Unspecified" direction, which caused to the adding of the pointer to the derived class into the base one. Looks like a error.
The same problem found in aggregation connector. Why do not use default "source to target" direction?
2.Imported from code interfaces have the icon as the class. Change of the object type do not change it.
3.set source and target for connector dialog does not have all objects in the list. No interfaces found in the list.
4.from time to time gets the "error reading file" on code generation ( C++ ) if file exists in the disk. Possible caused when no cpp file, the only h one exists.
5.Typo in definition of virtual destructor for code generation
6.export/import/export removed a word “public” from the class definition
7.“const” keyword made a problem while importing class.
8.Inner classes are not visible if nesting is more than one (reverse engineering)
9.Reverse engineering doesn’t understand the aggregated classe and draws association.
10.If you set color of class in some diagram, it will have the same color on all diagrams
11. If the disagramm can be added to the word document as object ( not as bitmap )?document?

sparks

• EA Administrator
  • EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Evaluation
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2002, 02:46:22 am »
Hello,

Build number 423 a one of the early release of version 3.00, a number of the points you have raised should have been address in builds since 423.  In fact the latest build is currently being uploaded, v3.10 build 440.  I would suggest downloading this release trying these points again.  thanks

Paul Mathers

zlotin

• EA Novice
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2002, 11:02:14 pm »
Most of the problems successfully passed to the new version.

gsparks

• EA User
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2002, 05:48:05 pm »
Hi Lev,

Thanks for the feedback and analysis....I have checked thru the items you outlined in detail ...

Item 1. In version 310 (build 440) the links are directed by default and the behaviour seems correct

Item 2. I mported an interface and it had an Interface icon. When changing an element type the icon remains the same until reload - we will correct this so the update is immediate.

Item 3. Already corrected - Will be in next weeks minor update

Item 4. I have not seen this behaviour nor can I duplicate it? If you find a cause or common link please let us know.

Item 5. I tried this and it generated correctly in the current version of EA

Item 6. I tried this and found the behaviour OK in release 3.10.

Item 7. We will review this item further

Item 8. I tried this with nested inner classes to two levels and it worked OK in version 3.10. If it is still a problem, can you send me an example that causes an error.

Item 9. We will review this item further and advise of any solution

Item 10. Item style is linked to object - not diagram ... so this is the default behaviour

Item 11. Not sure of request ... you can include diagrams in the document or have them as a variety of file types as linked graphics.

Thanks again for the feedback - much appreciated,

Geoffrey Sparks

Lev Zlotin

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2002, 10:49:30 pm »
4.You use interface , which hase the h file on the disk and no cpp file. You are making "code generation\Generate code". If the radio button in the "Advanced \ settings" is set to "Always syncronize with existing file", the error appears.
5.dialog local options\generation\destructor.
there is line "Default copy constructor visibility"
11.when I tried to add diagramm to word document as object, I got error from object packager that the server is unknown.