Author Topic: VB Interfaces  (Read 1453 times)

Tim H.

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
VB Interfaces
« on: January 11, 2002, 10:03:18 am »
Hi, I'm trying out the evaulation edition.

I have version 3.1.0 build 440.

Trying to forward engineer VB code where a class or classes implement an interface, using a "realization" link. The code is not generated correctly. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if the tool just does not support this correctly.

* The interface class will have a private member variable for the class that is implementing the interface.
* The implementing classes get a private member variable for the Interface.
* The private functions needed to implement the interface are not included. If I include them in the class diagram, the name of the function in the interface class is changed.
* The implementing classes do not have the Implements <interface name> statement.

I really like this product otherwise, but if I can't get this working I'll have to go to something else because I want to be able to forward-engineer code.

thanks.

gsparks

• EA User
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
    • View Profile
Re: VB Interfaces
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2002, 03:17:15 pm »
Hi,

We are releasing a minor upgrade (Build 443) in the next day or so ... I believe you will find the problem you describe resolved in that build.

Thanks for the feedback - check out the release date in the updates section of the forum for news on the the new release.

Geoff Sparks

Tim H.

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: VB Interfaces
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2002, 03:31:22 pm »
We are releasing a minor upgrade (Build 443) in the next day or so ... I believe you will find the problem you describe resolved in that build.

Thanks for the feedback - check out the release date in the updates section of the forum for news on the the new release.

;D

That's great -- I will keep my eyes open for it!

Thanks for the reply.
Tim Heckman
http://www.bn.com